COVID-19 Update: March 31, 2020
As the situation with COVID-19 evolves, West Canadian continues to take appropriate precautions to protect our employees, customers and business partners. Our organization is assessing the situation daily and remains committed to adhering to the Federal and Alberta Health Services guidelines.
Closure of Non-Essential Businesses
On Friday afternoon, Premier Jason Kenney announced the closure of some Non-Essential Businesses in Alberta. Based on a detailed review of the new restrictions, we have determined that we are included in the exemption list and West Canadian is permitted to remain operational at this time. That said, we have implemented additional preventative measures, including:
- Effective immediately, we have closed our self-service print, scanning and computer usage stations at the Calgary Hub to reduce public traffic. Customers with existing orders are able to arrange free delivery service or curbside pickup by calling Client Services at 403-313-5866. Curbside pickup is available between 8 am - 4 pm on weekdays.
- We have eliminated non-essential in-person interaction across the company; Employees are working remotely wherever feasible and essential employees that cannot work from home are operating in rotating shifts to ensure social distancing and redundancy.
Supporting Our Customers and Community
It's now more important than ever that we work together to support each other and our business community. We are here to serve and support you while we navigate this challenging time.
Here are a few ways we're adapting our services to meet your needs:
- We have launched a Social Distancing Signage Program to help businesses promote hygienic practices in their retail storefronts.
- We are helping customers to enable a digital workforce with immediate access to document management solutions with deferred payments for up to 60 days.
- We are offering Managed Mail Services so customers can re-route mail to our facilities, which we will then open, scan and electronically deliver. Mail such as cheques or confidential packages can be couriered directly to a specific location including a home office.